In this video Betty's husband, Rick, makes classic Chicago style hot dogs. They are a loaded dog with a big taste.
|Poppy seed bun||1|
|Yellow mustard||1 Teaspoon (more if needed)|
|Sweet pickle relish||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepperoncini||2 , stems cut off and juice drained (or pickled sport peppers)|
|Dill pickle strip||1|
|Celery salt||1 Dash|
1. In a large pan, pour sufficient water to cover the dog and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer, and place hot dog in it. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Steam the poppy seed bun in the last few minutes, if desired.
4. Place a dog in the bun and apply yellow mustard to taste.
5. Top it with sweet pickle relish, followed by chopped onion, tomato wedges, pepperoncini, and dill pickle.
6. Sprinkle celery salt, serve and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 367Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1439 mg59.96%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet