This breakfast of bread soaked in beaten eggs is not just tasty but also a wholesome breakfast that helps you kick start your day with loads of energy!
|Bread slices||2 Medium|
|Cheese slices||2 (Optional)|
|Onion||1 Medium , chopped|
|Tomato||1 Small , chopped (or 1/2 Medium Tomato)|
|Salt||To Taste (2 Pinches used|
|Black pepper powder||1 Pinch (Adjust as per your taste)|
1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well.
2. To this add the onions and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Beat well until well combined. Set aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil.
4. When the oil is hot enough, pour the beaten egg mixture onto the pan and spread it out as thin as you can.
5. Place the two bread slices on one end, over the spread out egg mixture.
6. Place one cheese slice (if using) over each of the bread slices. Using a flat spatula, press the bread slices slightly down to the pan, so that the lower end of the bread is well coated with the egg mixture.
7. After about 3 - 4 minutes, slowly flip both the bread slices simultaneously to face down on the other end of the spread out egg mixture.
8. Once again press gently, using the spatula. Let cook for another 3 - 4 minutes or til you see a light brown color on the eggs, showing it's done.
9. Serve right away with a dollop of ketchup or mayonnaise and a bowl of fresh fruits by the side.
You may add other vegetables of your choice like mushrooms and bell peppers, in the egg mixture.
As a variation , this breakfast dish can be served sweet with milk, sugar, vanilla or cinnamon added just before pan frying.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 659Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1399 mg58.29%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet