|Aubergine||1 Small , cut into thin slices|
|Olive oil||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Baguette||1 Small , cut into 12, 1 inch thick slices|
|Ricotta cheese||4 Ounce , thinly sliced (125 Grams)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Fluid Ounce (25 Milliliter)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Smoked salmon||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Halibut||3 Ounce , smoked (75 Grams)|
|Quail eggs/Hen eggs||4|
|Thyme sprigs||2 (Or As Required)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. On a baking tray, place sliced aubergines at one end and baguette slices at the other.
3. Brush aubergines with little olive oil on both sides and grill in pre heated oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or till slices are crisp and bread is toasted.
4. Once grilled, remove from oven and keep aside.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Whisk well and keep aside.
6. On a flat working surface place a toasted baguette slice and spread with mayonnaise.
7. Top with smoked fish, grilled aubergine slices and ricotta slice.
8. Sprinkle pepper and top with quail-€™s egg.
9. Drizzle with dressing and place on a platter.
10. Follow same procedure for remaining toasts.
11. Serve immediately garnished with thyme sprigs.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1977Calories from Fat 1391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240%
Saturated Fat 31 g155%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2041 mg85.04%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 67 g134%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet