|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Butter/Margarine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) Let the butter and cream cheese soften at room temperature.
3) Blend together the cheese and butter. Add in the flour and stir to mix.
4) Allow the mixture to chill for about 60 minutes.
5) Shape the dough into 12 balls of 1-inch dimensions each.
6) Transfer the balls into a 12-cup ungreased muffin tray. Press the dough onto the sides and bottom of the cups.
7) Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a bowl, beat the egg, sugar, butter, vanilla extract and salt. Beat to a smooth mixture.
8) Add in the chopped nuts to the above mixture. Transfer the filling into the pastry lined cups.
9) Sprinkle the top with the pecan halves.
10) Bake the muffins for about 25 minutes. Let the tars cool down.
11) Unmould the tarts.
12) Serve the Pecan Tarts.