This Salted Caramel Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe is OVER THE TOP delicious. It has a Chocolate Cookie Crust to it, and is very easy to make. It is the perfect dessert for parties because it can be made ahead and stored in the fridge.
|For the cookie crust:|
|All purpose flour||7 1/2 Ounce (((1.5 cups)))|
|Cocoa powder||1 Ounce (((1/2 cup)))|
|Butter||10 Tablespoon , at room temperature|
|Confectioner's sugar||2 1/2 Ounce (((1/2 cup)))|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the salted caramel:|
|Sugar||2 1/4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (((at room temperature)))|
|Heavy cream||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract/Vanilla paste||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the chocolate ganache:|
|Bittersweet chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarse sea salt||1 Pinch (((for garnish)))|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Little by little, add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until incorporated. The dough may look crumbly, but it should come together easily when you pinch the dough between two fingers.
5. Press the dough out into the tart pan. Prick all over with a fork, and pop into the freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack.
7. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, place the sugar and shake to flatten out the sugar pile.
8. Add water, corn syrup, and salt. Do not stir and cook over medium to medium high flame until the sugar turns clear and dissolves (be patient, this may take 20 minutes, but you don't want to rush caramel or it may burn in a flash). After the sugar has dissolved, it will bubble more vigorously and the sugar mixture will start to take on an amber color.
9. Once it looks caramel colored, stir in the butter. Be careful of potential sputtering.
10. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the heavy cream and vanilla (and again, stand back). Don't worry if the caramel separates. Cook for 10 minutes over medium high heat, stirring with a spatula, until it's smooth and thickened.
11. Pour the caramel into the cooled crust, and refrigerate for about 3 hours, until set.
For Chocolate Ganache:
12. Heat the heavy cream to a simmer, and then pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for 60 seconds, and then stir until smooth.
13. Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel tart, and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
14. To serve, cut into slices and garnish with sea salt, if desired. Enjoy!
Calories 309Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 44 mg1.83%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2472Calories from Fat 1640
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g283.2%
Saturated Fat 112 g560%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 352 mg14.64%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 64 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet