|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , minced|
|Chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Canned tuna||4 Ounce , drained, flaked|
|6 inch corn tortillas||2|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Shredded lettuce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Heat the oil in a 9-inch skillet.
3) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© till the onion has turned translucent. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
4) Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
5) Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
6) Add the tuna and stir well. Cook till the mixture has heated thoroughly.
7) For about 5 minutes, bake the tortillas in the preheated oven, on a baking sheet.
8) Take the tortillas out of the oven and fold each of them immediately to form a pocket.
9) With Â½ of the tuna mixture, fill each pocket.
10) With 1 ounce of cheese and Â¼ cup of lettuce, top each tuna portion.
11) Serve immediately.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 823Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1042 mg43.42%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet