|Softened butter/Margarine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Grease and flour two cookie sheets
2. Preheat the oven to 350°
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter till soft and creamy and then gradually add in the 1 cup sugar while beating well. Then beat in the eggs, lemon rind and mix well again.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt and sift into the wet mixture. Set this aside to chill for 2 hours.
5. Mix the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
6. Roll the chilled dough into 1-inch balls and dip each ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place these balls about 2 inches apart on the sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes till lightly browned. .
7. Cool on wire racks.
8. Serve cold or at room temperature
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2845Calories from Fat 919
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160%
Saturated Fat 61 g305%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2205 mg91.88%
Total Carbohydrates 446 g148.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 251 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet