Be sure to make this classic Beef Wellington Recipe that is sure to be a family favorite!
|For the beef wellington|
|Wild mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs) (baby bellas, Maitakes, Shitakes and Domestics)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 Ounce|
|Chopped fresh chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef tenderloin||24 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prosciutto ham slices||6|
|Frozen puff pastry sheet||1 , thawed|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Seasoning||To Taste (Two Brothers seasoning)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|For the garnishes|
|Carrots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , matchstick size|
|Green beans||20 (15 to 20)|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh chives||20 Gram|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||20 Gram|
|Fresh oregano sprig||20 Gram|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, add in the mushrooms, garlic and shallot until it becomes a paste.
3. In a sauté pan, add butter and add in the paste and cook for 6 minutes on medium-low heat.
4. Season with salt, pepper, fresh chopped herbs and keep warm.
5. Season the tenderloin on all sides with seasoning.
6. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Sear until golden brown on all sides.
7. Once brown, remove from the pan and brush with Dijon mustard on all sides and set aside.
8. Dust the cutting board with flour and roll out the puff pastry until it is big enough to wrap up the tenderloin.
9. Lay down the prosciutto ham in the center of the rolled out dough with the mixture spread on top of the ham. Place the Dijon tenderloin in the center and brush with the beaten egg yolks the puff pastry around the prosciutto and tenderloin and wrap up on all sides sealing it in.
10. Brush the outside with the remaining egg yolks, score the top with a knife and season with sea salt and place on the prepared baking sheet.
11. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Divide the matchstick carrots into thirds and place each inside a fresh chive and tie up.
13. In a sauté pan, melt the butter, brown the potatoes. Once brown add in stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
14. Place in bundled carrots and green beans and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
15. Once cooked remove all of the vegetables from the pan and cook down the stock until there is a 1/4 cup left.
16. Slice the beef wellington very thin using a serrated knife and place on a plate along with the cooked down stock, the cooked vegetables and remaining fresh herbs.
Calories 624Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 830 mg34.58%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2496Calories from Fat 964
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166%
Saturated Fat 36 g180%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3320 mg138.32%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 248 g496%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet