|Carrot||1 Medium , quartered|
|Onion||2 Medium , quartered|
|Chicken||2 1/2 Pound (parts and bones)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (or as required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2) In a large shallow roaster, add the chicken parts, carrot and onions, then sprinkle with freshly crushed black pepper.
3) Roast in the preheated oven for about 90 minutes, stirring at an interval of 20 minutes.
4) In a large stockpot, transfer the roasted chicken and vegetables.
5) Deglaze the roasting pan by adding 1 to 1 1/2 cups cold water, heating up and scraping the browned bits stuck up in the pan.
6) Transfer the browned bits and water into the stockpot containing the roasted chicken and vegetables.
7) Pour enough water into the stockpot to cover the chicken bones.
8) Cover the pot and simmer over a medium-low heat for about 60 to 90 minutes.
9) Strain the stock into another pot and discard the chicken bones and vegetables.
10) Refrigerate the stock overnight and scoop off all the grease and fats hardened on top the next morning.
11) Portion the chicken stock, tranfer to mason jars and store in the refrigerator until needed.
12) Use the chicken stock to make stews or soups or as required.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2312Calories from Fat 1139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.8%
Saturated Fat 36 g180%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 797 mg33.21%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 235 g470%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet