This is my grilled flank steak that has been marinated in a Bloody Mary mix (recipe below). With that I did a shrimp stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped with prosciutto and grilled asparagus.
|For shrimp stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto|
|Jumbo shrimp||9 , peeled with tail, butterflied and cleaned|
|Goat cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|For flank steak marinated in bloody mary.|
|Flank steak||1 Large|
|For bloody mary mix marinade|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vodka||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon jucie||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|For grilled asparagus|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
For Flank steak marinated in bloody mary
1. In a large zip lock bag, put all the ingredients for Bloody Mary mix marinade, seal and shake well to mix.
2. Place the steak in the bag, shake well so the meat gets evenly coated, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Next day, remove the steak let it rest for 1 to 1.5 hours at room temperature.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Place the marinated steak over grill and sear it for 2 minutes on both the sides.
6. Pull the steak on the less hot part of grill, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the meat and let it rest for 15 minutes.
8. Slice the steak and serve with grilled asparagus (recipe underneath).
For Shrimp stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto.
1. Peel the shrimps, leaving the tail and devein and wash them.
2. In bowl mix together all the ingredients for stuffed shrimp.
3. Fill the cheese mixture equally into the shrimps and wrap each shrimp in a prosciutto slice.
4. Place the stuffed shrimps on hot grill and let it cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the prosciutto gets light brown in colour.
5. Remove from the grill and serve hot.
For Grilled asparagus
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the asparagus marinade.
2. Brush the marinade all over the asparagus.
3. On a hot grill, place the asparagus and cook it for about 10 minutes turning them frequently until they get grill marks.
4. Remove the asparagus from the grill and serve hot as desired.
You can serve grilled flank steak, stuffed shrimps and grilled asparagus with amber ale beer.
Calories 554Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1267 mg52.79%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 46 g92%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2216Calories from Fat 944
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5068 mg211.16%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 184 g368%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet