|Flank steak||2 1/2 Pound , tenderized|
|Fresh garlic||10 Clove (50 gm) (Use About 1 Head)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned tamales||15 Ounce , papers discarded and sauce reserved|
|Flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red table wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Stretch the steak with care without cutting it to a rectangular shape.
2. Press 3 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder for seasoning meat.
3. Grind the tamales on the steak and spread it to within 1 inch of edges.
4. Make rolls by rolling the ingredients but take care so that the rolls are not too tight; tie the rolls with a string or tight it with skewers.
5. Dust the rolls with flour and shake off the excess flour.
6. Take a Dutch oven or a heavy pan with a cover.
7. Brown the rolls on all sides against medium high heat.
8. Trim down the heat and pour tomato sauce over the rolls.
9. Quantify wine into the tomato saucepan and add the reserved sauce in the tamale can
10. Now press 7 remaining garlic cloves into the sauce by stirring method and pour the sauce around the roll.
11. Cover and simmer the ingredients until it become tender; it will take 2-2 Â½ hours.
12. Remove the pan from the heat and take off the string or skewers; ensure optimum care so that the topping is not disturbed.
13. Sprinkle cheese on it and return the rolls to low heat.
14. Cover and cook until cheese is melted; it will take 20 minutes time.
15. Place rolls on the serving plates and cut them into 1-inch slices.
16. Serve sauce separately in serving bowl or in gravy boat.
17. [ if any chunk of tamale get to fall in sauce, do not get disappointed, it will add exciting texture to it]
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3284Calories from Fat 1206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.5%
Saturated Fat 39 g195%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4391 mg182.96%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 269 g538%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet