|Confectioners' sugar||5 Pound (2 steaks, 2 1/2|
|Seasoned instant meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Mushroom caps||12 (fresh or canned)|
|Butter/Margarine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
About 1 hour before supper:
1. Preheat broiler 10 minutes, or as manufacturer directs.
2. Trim steaks of fat; with sharp knife, score one side of each steak in diamond pattern, about 1/8 inch deep. Treat steaks with tenderizer as label directs. Then sprinkle steaks with pepper.
3. Now, starting at one of long sides, roll up each steak, jelly-roll fashion. Wrap each long steak roll in 6 bacon slices, laid side by side along length, then secured with toothpicks. Then cut between bacon strips on each roll, making 6 mignonettes.
4. Broil mignonettes, cut side down, 8 minutes on one side, then 5 to 10 minutes on other side, or to desired rareness. If bacon is not crisp enough, stand mignonettes on edge, then broil a minute or so, in this fashion.
5. Meanwhile, saute mushroom caps in butter until golden.
6. When done, arrange mignonettes on platter; remove toothpicks; top with mushroom caps; then garnish with parsley.