2 1/4 pounds of PRIME BEEF reversed seared to perfection on the Napoleon Prestige 500 Series gas grill!
|Rib eye steak||2 1/4 Pound (bone in steak used)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the rub|
|Ground coffee||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ancho chili||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pickling spice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the gas grill to 250 degrees F.
2. In a coffee grinder, combine the ingredients for the rub and grind.
3. Rub the steak with canola oil on both sides.
4. Sprinkle with the rub evenly.
5. Place the steak on the grill and insert a thermometer to check the temperture of the meat. Allow to cook till the internal temperature of the steak goes up to 120 degrees F.
6. Cover the steak with a foil and allow the temperature to rise upto 130 degrees F.
7. Transfer the steak on to the sizzle zone of the grill and cook for about a minute on each side.
8. Carve the steak serve hot.