Perfectly grilled Tri-Tip with a sweet tropical marinade, deliciously simple and grilled on a bed of onions. Served with fingerling potatoes, portabella mushrooms and cloves of garlic! The Island Grillstone makes the perfect cooking surface for sugary marinades, eliminating flare-up and burnt surfaces.
|Trimmed trip tip||3 Pound|
|Marinade||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly groundblack pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
1. Place the tri tip in a ziploc bag. Pour the marinade on top and let the tri tip marinate overnight.
2. Prepare the grill for cooking. Place mesquite wood in the grill and then place the island grill stone on top of a rack. Preheat the grill to 350 F.
3. Take potatoes, mushrooms and garlic in a big bowl.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Season with garlic salt, parsley and freshly ground pepper.
5. Prepare a bed of onions on the island grill stone for the tri tip. Season with coarse salt. Place the trip tip over the onions.
6. Dump the potatoes, garlic and mushroom on the Island grill stone.
7. Cover and let everything cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 F. Remove from heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Slice the tri tip across the grain and serve it with the vegetables.