|Zucchini||6 Ounce (2 Medium Sized)|
|Salt||3/4 Teaspoon , divided|
|Carrots||2 Ounce , peeled (5 Medium Sized)|
|Low carb white bread slice||1 1/2|
|Eggs||4 Large , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Set a rack on a baking sheet.
2. Grate zucchini in a food processor fitted with shredding blade or with a box grater using the side with the largest holes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and toss. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
3. Grate carrots and onion in food processor or with grater. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Put bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until dried out, 10to 14 minutes. Leave oven on. Transfer bread to food processor and pulverize to make crumbs. Add crumbs, eggs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to carrots.
5. Transfer zucchini to a clean dish towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Add zucchini to carrot mixture and stir well to combine.
6. Heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into oil and flatten to 3-inch pancakes; do not crowd pan. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain; then set on prepared baking sheet and keep latkes warm in the oven. Repeat, adding more oil if necessary, making a total of 24 latkes. Serve with sour cream or a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 843Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.1%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1816 mg75.67%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet