|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (No. 2 1/2)|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
1) Take a casserole and heat oil in it.
2) Add onions, rice and green pepper. Cook until brown, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in water, tomatoes, pepper, salt and bay leaf.
4) Cover and bake for about 1 hour. Bake uncovered in the last 20 minutes.
5) Remove bay leaf and serve hot in the casserole.