|Chicken||3 Pound (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm)|
|Bouquet garni||1 (To Include Bay Leaf, Rosemary, Parsley And Thyme)|
|Water||1 3/4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Fresh mussels||12 , scrubbed|
|Squid||2 , cleaned and sliced crossways|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Risotto rice||1 Pound (500 Grams, Italian Style)|
|Saffron threads||1/2 Teaspoon , infused in a little boiling water|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, seeded and sliced|
|Peeled prawns||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Shelled peas||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Whole prawns||4 (For Garnish)|
|Lemon wedges||3 (For Garnish)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Cut the chicken into 6 pieces.
2) Take off the wing tips and place in a large saucepan, keeping the chicken aside.
3) To the pan, add the chicken trimmings, 4 cloves garlic, the bouquet garni, water, and salt and pepper and allow boil.
4) Place a lid over and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and reserve.
5) In a little boiling salted water cook for 3 minutes, the mussels, discarding any that have already opened, clams if using, and squid, till the shellfish open.
6) Throw away any that do not open. Drain and keep aside.
7) In a large frying pan, add oil and heat.
8) Add the chicken pieces and brown quickly.
9) Remove from the pan and keep aside.
10) Crush the remaining garlic and add with the onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, browning lightly.
11) Add the chicken back to the pan with the rice, reserved chicken stock, saffron threads with their liquid, and salt.
12) Mix in the peppers and allow to boil and cook rapidly for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
13) Stir in the mussels, clams if using, squid, prawns and peas.
14) Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, till the rice and chicken are tender and the fish is hot.
15) Allow to stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
16) Garnish with prawns and lemon wedges.
17) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.