Simple ingredients but yet filled with flavor that will make you go back for more.
|Potatoes||2 Large , peeled, cubed|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , smashed|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) ((as required))|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) , sauteed|
|Onion||1 Small , chopped finely|
|Fennel bulb||1/2 Medium , sliced|
|Leek||1 , cleaned, chopped|
|Fresh tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large pot, put the potatoes, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder.
2. Pour water to cover the potatoes and bring to boil on medium heat.
3. Let it simmer till the potatoes are soft and fully cooked.
4. Allow it to cool and in a blender, puree all the ingredients till smooth. Set aside.
5. In another pot, heat oil on medium.
6. Add onion, fennel, mushrooms and leeks. Saute them till the onions begin to turn brown.
7. Pour the pureed potato mixture and heat it through.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
10. In a serving bowl, garnish with fresh tarragon leaves and serve the soup hot with choice of bread if desired or as it is.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1010Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 506 mg21.08%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.3%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 31 g62%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet