|Pumpkin||1/2 (rind removed, or butternut squash with rind rmoved, or 1 large can of 100% unflavored pumpkin puree)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chicken broth||2 Quart (low sodium)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage leaves||1 Teaspoon (or 1 tbsp. freshly chopped)|
|Ginger||1/2 Teaspoon , freshly chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green valley organics lactose free plain kefir||1 Quart|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. In a blender or food processor, chop the pumpkin and vegetables into small bits.
2. Put the olive oil into the pot- heart; add vegetables, garlic and spices.
3. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour in the broth.
5. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 40 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and let it set for 20 minutes to cool. remove bay leaves.
7. In portions, put the soup back into the blender or processor and puree.
8. Put the puree back into the pot and add/blend in the kefir, reheat slightly.
9. Serve. To garnish, add a little nutmeg and sage.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1541Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5753 mg239.71%
Total Carbohydrates 252 g84%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92%
Sugars 93 g
Protein 70 g140%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet