|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Split peas||12 Ounce|
|Carrots||3 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium , chopped|
|Marjoram leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Boneless pork||1 Pound|
1. Take a 4-quart kettle or Dutch oven and pour water into it and add peas. Allow them to soak overnight or quickly soak them in water sometime before cooking and drain off.
2. Drain the water and stir in carrots, marjoram, onion, salt and cloves.
3. Cook over low heat for about half an hour until the peas turn soft.
4. Stir in pork and cook over low heat for another 1 ½ hours until the pork has lost its pinkness.
5. Take out the pork and cut it into ½ inch cubes.
6. Cool soup and puree it in blender by adding little by little at time.
7. Reheat the soup, and pour it into the tureen and add pork cubes. Stir well.
8. Serve the split pea soup with pork and pair it with pasta.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2073Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.6%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2339 mg97.46%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g81%
Dietary Fiber 95 g380%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 184 g368%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet