|Black beans||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large , chopped|
|Shortening/Oil||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed for frying)|
|Summer savory||3 Inch (1 piece)|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small , minced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
|Shredded cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed for topping)|
1. Take a bowl and pour lots of water into it. Add beans and soak overnight or quickly soak it and drain after discarding the floating beans.
2. Take a large pot, add soaked beans into it along with water, salt, onion and oil and boil gently until the beans turn tender.
3. Drain the beans, reserve some cooking liquid.
4. Take food processor or blender and add the softened beans into it and puree or mash it.
5. Take a pan and add shortening and fry the tortillas in it lightly.
6. Remove the fried tortillas and keep aside.
7. Stir in sausage into the remaining shortening and fry it lightly.
8. Remove the fried sausages and keep aside.
9. Take a bowl and add garlic, tomato puree, chili powder and parsley and combine it with liquid and mashed beans and thin it by adding water or stock.
10. Season the soup and heat it for 10-15 minutes.
11. Serve the black bean soup after adding sausage and tortillas and top it with cheese. Team the black bean soup with steamed rice or bread.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2000Calories from Fat 714
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.1%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1509 mg62.88%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.3%
Dietary Fiber 58 g232%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 83 g166%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet