|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bacon strip||3 , finely chopped|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Beef stock/Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|Pimientos||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , cut into strips|
1. Soak lentils in water along with salt and pepper for about an hour and drain off water.
2. Take a pan and fry bacon in it and remove when lightly fried.
3. Stir in onions and saute in bacon fat until they turn golden brown.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and cook at low heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in bacon, lentils, and stock and cook at low heat for about 45 minutes and remove from heat.
6. Whisk egg yolks into a cup of soup and add the mixture back to cooked soup.
7. Add pimientos to the soup.
8. Serve the lentil and bacon soup along with rice or noodles.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1064Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4199 mg174.96%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.7%
Dietary Fiber 43 g172%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 81 g162%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet