|Cooked kidney beans/Canned kidney beans||two cans of 16|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Puree or mash the beans in a blender or food processor.
2. Take a large pot and soften shortening and add washed rice and onion.
3. When rice starts browning, stir in salt, tomato sauce and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Stir in water and beans and cook on low heat until the rice is soft and soup is creamy.
5. Serve the black rice soup hot.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1112Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2365 mg98.54%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.3%
Dietary Fiber 46 g184%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 43 g86%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet