|Lentils||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||4|
|Potato||1 Medium , peeled and cut into 1 1/2|
|Swiss chard||1 1/2 Pound , cut into strips (2 Bunches)|
|Onion||1 Medium , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander/Dried coriander||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , minced|
|Ground cumin||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Take a large kettle and add lentils and water.
2. Stir in bouillon cubes and cover, boil, and then simmer for some time.
3. Stir in chard and potato, cover and cook at low heat for another 40 minutes until the lentils turn soft.
4. Take a saucepan, heat some oil and saute onion until it softens and turns golden. Keep it aside.
5. Save ¼ of the coriander for garnishing and combine the remaining with sauteed onions and garlic into the lentils during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
6. Add salt, pepper, ground cumin and lemon juice to the lentils and stir well.
7. Add more water if necessary to thin the soup.
8. Serve the Lebanese lentil soup after garnishing with reserved coriander and lemon slices.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2287Calories from Fat 892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.8%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6544 mg272.67%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.7%
Dietary Fiber 110 g440%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 99 g198%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet