|Celery stalks||3 , cut into large pieces|
|Carrots||5 Medium , thickly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large , quartered|
|Monosodium glutamate||To Taste|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , minced|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Champagne lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Sweet basil||To Taste|
1. Take pot and add onion, carrots, celery and MSG and cook until vegetables turn soft.
2. Remove onion and celery and pass the carrots through a sieve and add it back to stock.
3. Take a saucepan and melt butter, saute onions, shallots and garlic in it and cook until light brown. Pour the onions back to stock.
4. Stir in bay leaf, lemon peel, and lentils and cook on low heat for about 40-60 minutes and add more water if necessary to retain the original consistency.
5. When lentils turn soft, remove the bay leaf and stir in basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Cook over low heat for another 20 minutes before serving.
7. Serve the blonde lentil soup hot with steamed rice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1480Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.6%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 663 mg27.63%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.7%
Dietary Fiber 95 g380%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 74 g148%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet