|Onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , minced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Whole grain croutons||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , toasted (For Garnish)|
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a small skillet, in oil, saute onions until golden but do not let them brow.
3) In a blender container, put the sauteed onions with little chicken stock and blend until pureed.
4) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine onion mixture, remaining stock and pumpkin puree.
5) Heat the soup, add nutmeg.
6) Add toasted croutons to soup and serve hot.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 896Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1218 mg50.75%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet