|Chicken||2 1/2 Pound , cut up|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and cut into 1|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and cut into 1|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , peeled|
|Fresh parsley sprigs/Dried parsley||1 teaspoon|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, place all the ingredients except for the flour.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
3) Before it is time to serve, take out the chicken parts from the soup. Let the chicken cool.
4) Skin and bone the meat and cut it into small cubes. Set the meat aside.
5) From the soup, skim about 2 tablespoons of chicken fat.
6) Over moderate-high heat, place a medium skillet and add the fat to it.
7) Add the flour, stir well and then beat in 1 or 2 cups of the chicken bouillon all at once. Keep the sauce smooth by working quickly.
8) Let the sauce simmer for 5 to 6 minutes and then return it to the slow cooker.
9) Add the cubed chicken to the soup, increase the heat to HIGH and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes prior to serving.
10) Ladle the hot soup into individual soup bowls and serve while still piping hot. Makes a delectable appetizer.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3117Calories from Fat 1152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.9%
Saturated Fat 36 g180%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4676 mg194.83%
Total Carbohydrates 223 g74.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 251 g502%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet