|Mushrooms||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Semi skimmed milk||3/4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander||1 1/2 Tablespoon (Plus More For Garnish)|
|Virtually fat free fromage frais||1 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
1. Dice the onion, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and slice coarsely.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and bay leaf and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
3. Lower the heat slightly and add salt to taste, the pepper, ground almonds and nutmeg. Stir in 300 ml / 1/2 pint water and the milk. Bring back to just below the boil, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 7-10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add the fresh coriander, carefully transfer the soup to a liquidizer or food processor (in batches if necessary) and process until smooth.
5. Return the soup to the pan and reheat. Stir in the fromage frais.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 637Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 422 mg17.58%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet