In this recipe video, Dani Spies demonstrates - how to kick up a can of soup to prepare delicious and nutritious meal, when you are not in a mood to cook. Simply add a handful of fresh ingredients or frozen foods to make a flavorful meal for your dinner. Today, she is cooking a lentil soup kicked up with a Greek flair.
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , chopped|
|Red pepper flakes||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Lentil soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Topping)|
|Pita chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Topping)|
1. Heat a pot over a medium flame. Add olive oil.
2. Add onions, garlic and a good pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté it till it becomes tender.
3. Add a can of lentil soup.
4. Add dried oregano and fresh baby spinach. Cook it for 5 minutes or until the spinach gets wilted. Your soup is ready to serve.
5. To serve Greek Lentil Soup, take the soup in a big bowl. Top it with freshly ground black pepper, crumbled feta cheese and pita chips.