|For the sweet and sour shrimp|
|Ripe pineapple||3 1/2 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Cooking)|
|Shelled and deveined shrimp||1 Pound|
|Chinese pea pods||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10|
|Apricot preserves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seed rolls||7 1/2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter||1/4 Pound (1 Stick, For Serving)|
|Curried rice mix||6 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use According To Package Directions)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (Use According To Package Directions)|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Prepared italian salad dressing||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs) , washed and crisped|
|Green creme de menthe||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate chip ice cream||1 Pint|
1. Halve the pineapple lengthwise, right through frond using a sharp knife
2. Leaving about ½ inch of the shell, slice the pineapple flesh in one piece.
3. Core and cut into chunks. Keep aside.
4. Thinly slice green pepper and onion. Keep aside.
5. Allow ice cream to soften by removing from freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Tear salad greens into bite size pieces and add to a salad bowl.
7. Peel avocado, halve and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Add to salad bowl.
8. Cover bowl with cling film and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
9. Preheat oven to 300 degree F
10. In medium saucepan cook rice in water as per the package directions, adding butter to it.
11. Turn softened ice cream into a large bowl and stir in the creme de menthe, making swirls.
12. Divide equally between dessert bowls and place in the freezer again to harden before serving.
13. Arrange the pineapple shells on baking sheet and place in hot oven to bake.
Wrap rolls in foil and warm on bottom level of the oven along with pineapple
14. In the meantime, in a large wok or heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
15. Add and sautÃ© shrimp and onion together about 5 minutes.
16. Then add pineapple chunks and green pepper and stir fry till shrimps are cooked and veggies are tender-crisp.
17. Simultaneously, in a medium saucepan, blanch pea pods following package directions.
18. Blend the apricot preserves, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in a cup and pour over shrimp and veggies.
19. Heat through.
20. Drain the pea pod and add to a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter.
21. Fluff rice.
22. Toss salad with dressing.
23. Place baked pineapple shells on a platter or serving plates and spoon shrimp into it.
24. Place warm rolls in a basket.
25. Serve with salad, rice and pea pods on the side.
26. Complete meal with Minted Choco-Chip Ice-Cream.
Calories 1521Calories from Fat 588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.5%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2240 mg93.33%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.7%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 92 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6084Calories from Fat 2352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406%
Saturated Fat 120 g600%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 8960 mg373.32%
Total Carbohydrates 788 g262.8%
Dietary Fiber 64 g256%
Sugars 368 g
Protein 160 g320%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet