|Wholemeal self raising flour||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Hazelnuts||2 Ounce , milled (55 grams)|
|Soft light brown sugar||2 Ounce (55 grams)|
1. Pre-heat oven at 300°F/150°C (Gas Mark 2).
2. Grease a shallow baking tin with butter.
3. Prepare a well-greased grease-proof sheet to cover shallow baking tin.
4. Mix wholemeal flour and vegan margarine well so that it resembles bread crumbs.
5. Add sugar and hazelnuts and knead the mixture lightly.
6. In a shallow baking tin, place the dough.
7. Bake it in the middle shelf and set the timer for 30 minutes at 300°F/150°C (Gas Mark 2).
8. Remove the baking tin from oven after 15 minutes and cut the dough into portions.
9. Place it again in the oven for the remaining 15 minutes.
10. Serve Vegan Hazelnut Shortbread after dusting it with icing sugar.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1478Calories from Fat 907
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 768 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 61 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet