Loaded with pecans and rolled in cinnamon sugar, these shortbread cookies are just in time for Fall.
|Our||2 1/4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a medium bowl mix ﬂour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together and add pecans. Set the mixture aside.
2. In a mixer beat the butter until ﬂuffy. Then add the white sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined.
3. To the mixer add egg and vanilla and blend well.
4. Add ﬂour to the butter mixture and beat on slow speed until just combined.
5. Divide dough in half and place each half on a piece of plastic.
6. Form into a uniform log. Wrap up in the plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours or over night. (The dough can also be frozen at this point.)
7. When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 ˚F.
8. In a small bowl, add sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Place half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on a piece of parchment, then unwrap the dough and roll in cinnamon sugar.
9. Using a non-serrated knife, slice the cookies into 1/4" to 3/8" slices.
10. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Remove parchment from baking sheet and cool on rack.
11. Serve after the shortbread is completely cooled and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4585Calories from Fat 2374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 274 g421.5%
Saturated Fat 125 g625%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1663 mg69.29%
Total Carbohydrates 510 g170%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100%
Sugars 273 g
Protein 48 g96%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet