This is an awesome recipe for getting your kids involved in cooking. My little ones had a blast making it with me. After I toasted and cooled the seeds, we put them in the food processor and watched the seeds change shape and texture several times. Every time we took the top off, the aroma of toasted pumpkin seeds filled the kitchen. The kids were totally fascinated by it and loved tasting it.
|Pumpkin seeds||3 Cup (48 tbs) , hulled|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
3. Allow the pumpkin seeds to cool.
4. Place the seeds in a food processor and puree for 5-6 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides with a spatula (you need to puree the mixture so it eventually becomes smooth- you don’t need to add any additional oil).
5. Serve on bread with honey, or celery or apple slices.
- This pumpkin butter can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1726Calories from Fat 628
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.4%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 69 mg2.88%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet