|Husked tomatillos||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pumpkin seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large|
|Dried coriander||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , seeded|
|Fresh parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||2 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced red onion||1 Teaspoon (As Garnish)|
1) A pot filled with water to cover the tomatillos is readied.
2) The oven is heated to 350 degrees C.
3) Husked tomatillos are simmered in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
4) The excess water is drained off.
5) Meanwhile, pumpkin seeds are roasted in the oven at 350 degrees C for about 4 minutes, till they are slightly toasted and give out a fragrant aroma. However, ensure, the seeds are still green. Do not let them burn.
6) The seeds are cooled.
7) The cooked tomatillos are pureed along with the toasted pumpkin seeds, garlic, coriander, jalapeno peppers, parsley, lime juice, water, salt and pepper. Olive oil can be added, if desired.
8) The dip can be refrigerated, if it is not being used immediately. It can kept for at least a week in the refrigerator.
9) The dip is served at room temperature.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 807Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1985 mg82.71%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet