|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Butter margarine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low fat yogurt||6 Ounce|
|Dried cherry/Cherry||flavored dried cranberries|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking unsweetened cocoa||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Prepare a cookie sheet for baking by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside till needed
3. In a medium bowl, tip in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Using a pastry blender bowl, tip in the butter.
5. Run the blender at medium speed and tip in the flour mixture. This will cut the flour mixture into the butter till it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
6. Add in the yoghurt, cherries, chocolate chips into the blender and run again till the dough appears dry and crumbly.
7. tip the mixture on to a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball.
8. Knead dough only 10 times lightly.
9. Divide the dough into two balls and pat each into 6-inch circles.
10. With a sharp knife, cut each circle in to 6 wedges but do not separate the wedges completely
11. Bake for 10-15 minutes on the cookie sheet until golden brown
12. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack immediately
13. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes
14. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
15. Serve warm immediately.
The butter can be cut into the flour mixture manually by using two broad bladed knives in the opposite directions. The blender works faster and quicker though.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2112Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.9%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2695 mg112.29%
Total Carbohydrates 351 g117%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 120 g
Protein 41 g82%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet