Let me show you our family's Turkey dressing with sausage and fresh herbs of parsley, basil, and thyme.
|Pork sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||11 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , minced|
|Yellow onion||1 1⁄2 Large , finely chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 (the inner portion with all the leaves and some ribs)|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||7 , chopped|
|Fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon , chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat the butter and olive oil, and saute the onion for 30 to 35 minutes over low to medium low heat. Then add the celery and saute an additional 8 minutes or until softened.
3. Add the garlic, parsley, basil, and thyme and cook 3 minutes longer. Turn off the heat and let cool.
4. In another fry pan, cook the sausage over medium high heat.
5. Season with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper. Drain off any excess oil when the sausage is no longer pink. Set this aside to cool for 15 minutes.
6. Place the cooled sausage in a food processor and pulse until the pork is ground up.
7. In a large mixing bowl, add the meat and onion mixture and stir until combined. Pour in the bread crumbs and eggs and mix to combine.
8. Next, add in the chicken broth a cup at a time and mix until the desired consistency.
9. Place the mixture into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
10. Serve the stuffing with roasted turkey.