Nothing beats the flavours of Maple and Whisky - and here they are combined in an incredible BBQ Grilling sauce!
|Tomato sauce||398 Milliliter|
|Tomato paste||156 Milliliter|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , minced|
|Cider vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (grainy)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Place a sauce pan over medium high heat, and add tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion, and garlic in it.
2. Drop cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
3. Put whiskey, maple syrup, grainy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cinnamon. Mix well, and bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about an hour or until the mixture reduces by one-third. Allow it to cool.
5. Pour mixture in a blender, and puree until smooth.
6. Serve sauce with grilled chicken.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1234Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1282 mg53.42%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.7%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 171 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet