|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium , finely diced|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) , thinly sliced|
|Crushed red chilies||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (Freshly)|
|Thyme leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 , diced|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Red wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||20 (1 Bunch)|
1. Place a deep pot (so that the sides catch any splattering of tomatoes) over medium heat and add olive oil.
Add onions, garlic and crushed chilies to the oil and sauté for 3 minutes
2. Add black pepper and thyme and sauté for another minute.
3. Add canned tomatoes (diced, if you want a less chunky tomato sauce), fresh tomatoes and crushed tomatoes
4. Turn heat to medium low, cover and let cook for at least 2 hours (letting it go for 3 wouldn't kill you), checking the sauce every half hour and stirring so it cooks through evenly
5. Uncover, add salt, wine and torn basil leaves. Let cook for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Use sauce as required or refrigerate until needed.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 968Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3289 mg137.04%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet