|Chicken||3 Pound (1 Chicken, 2 1/2|
|Parsley sprigs/Dried parsley||1 teaspoon|
|White wine||3/4 Pint|
|Chicken stock||1/4 Pint|
|Flour||1 1/2 Ounce|
|Tarragon leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce|
1) Cut chicken into pieces and arrange other ingredients.
2) In a casserole, put chicken pieces with onion, parsley sprigs, mace, peppercorns and bay leaf.
3) Stir in wine and stock and cook in oven for 35-45 minutes, until tender.
4) Remove chicken pieces from oven and transfer to serving dish, keep warm.
5) Boil liquid left in casserole for a few minutes to strengthen flavour, and reduce quantity.
6) In a skillet, melt butter, stir in flour and when smooth strain in 3/4 pint of the liquid.
7) Season the sauce, and add 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves and cream.
8) Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining tarragon leaves on top.
9) Serve at once, with rice or mashed potatoes.