|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants||2 Cup (32 tbs) , stemmed|
|Cold water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, boil water.
2) Add sugar and simmer the liquid for 5 minutes until syrupy.
3) Add currants and simmer to heat through the berries.
4) In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to a paste.
5) Add little amount of hot currant mixture into the paste and combine.
6) Stir in the cornstarch mixture into the currant mixture.
7) Cook the mixture for 10 minutes until thick and clear.
8) Serve the sauce with pancake.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 820Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat %
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 13 mg0.54%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 166 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet