|Pineapple tidbits||1 (8 3/4|
|Sugar||1 1/2 cups|
|Lemon juice||1 1/2 tablespoons|
|Peppermint extract||3 drops|
|Oranges||2 medium, peeled, sectioned, and seeded|
|Green maraschino cherries||1/2 cup, halved|
1. Drain canned pineapple and reserve syrup.
2. In a cup, pour reserved syrup and add enough water to make 1/2 cup.
3. In a saucepan, put together sugar and syrup; cook over low heat for about 12 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. Stir in lemon juice and peppermint extract.
5. Refrigerate sauce until chilled.
6. Just before serving, stir in oranges and cherries.
7. Serve Tropical Sundae Sauce over your favorite ice-cream.