In this video I put a Cajun twist to the "Classic BLT sandwich! Using French bread, Frog Bone Bayou Remoulade sauce, deep fried green tomatoes, and thick cut hickory smoked bacon, I turn this classic sandwich into a Cajun meal you won't forget anytime soon.
|Hickory smoked bacon slices||4 (Thick cut)|
|Green tomatoes||1 , sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Cajun seasoning mix||2 Tablespoon (Frog Bone)|
|Cajun sauce||2 1/2 Tablespoon (Frog Bone Roumalade)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For coating mix|
|Cornflour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. Mix cornflour, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper to make Coating mix. Set it aside.
2. In a skillet, cook the bacon slices for sometime.
3. Season the tomato slices on both sides (pat the seasoning).
4. Coat the tomato slices with the prepared coating mix. Dip in water and re-coat with the coating mix.
5. Toss the tomato slices into deep fryer and fry till its golden brown, repeat with all the slices.
6. Take a toasted french bread slice and drizzle some cajun sauce over the top.
7. Layer with a couple of romaine lettuce leaves. Place deep fried tomato slices and top it with bacon. Drizzle another round of Frog Bone roulade.
8. Cover the sandwich with the second half of french bread.
9. Eat fresh, as it is.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 616Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1484 mg61.83%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet