One of the most popular snacks of all time is the sandwich. It comes in innumerable varieties, shapes and sizes, but continues to be a preferred snack option right across the globe.
|Wholewheat bread slice||2|
|Green chutney||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1/4 , sliced|
|White onion||1/4 , sliced|
|Beetroot||1/2 Ounce , sliced (Boiled and sliced)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Low sodium cottage cheese||1 Tablespoon , grated|
|Reduced fat low sodium cheese||1 Tablespoon , grated|
|Olive oil cooking spray||1 , spray|
1. Pre-heat the sandwich griller.
2. On one of the wheat bread slices, spread the green chutney, place the onion, tomato and beet slices. Spread the cottage cheese evenly, followed by salt and pepper to taste. Lastly top with grated cheese.
3. Cover with the other bread slice and press gently to seal.
4. Once heated sufficiently, use the olive oil spray on both the grill plates of the sandwich maker before carefully placing the sandwich inside.
5. Grill till crisp and done.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce and a glass of chilled fresh lime soda.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 217Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 697 mg29.04%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet