A treat for your eyes and your stomach - the Club Sandwich serves you a completely fulfilling breakfast, with toasted bread, usually cut into quarters covering two layers of meat and vegetables separated by an additional slice of bread.
For the meat, chicken or pork or even roasted beef slices are used to fill the layers.
|For the shredded chicken|
|Chicken pieces||50 Gram , cut into small pieces|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the chicken salami|
|Chicken salami||2 Medium|
|For the fried egg|
|Eggs||3 Medium , beaten|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Rest of the ingredients for the club sandwich|
|Bread slices||6 Medium , toasted|
|Mayonnaise||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 Medium|
|Tomato slices||1 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1/4 Medium , thinly sliced|
|For the potato fries|
|Potatoes||1 Medium , peeled, cut into finger sized lengths (Once cut, immediately soak the potato fingers in water to avoid discoloration of the potatoes)|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As needed for deep frying)|
For the Club Sandwiches
To prepare the shredded chicken:
1. In a pot, put the chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper. Mix and cover with a lid.
2. Let cook in it's own steam over medium heat for about 15 minutes. (Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid the chicken getting stuck to the bottom of the pan, since no oil is being used)
To prepare the chicken salami:
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and place the chicken salami slices and fry until slightly brown and cooked. Once done, remove from heat and set aside.
To prepare the fried egg:
4. In the same heated pan, add more oil, if needed. Pour the beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the egg mixture out evenly as thin as possible in the pan and fry (flipping sides) until both sides are done. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pieces form the pot and set aside for a little while to cool.
7. Once cooled, using your hand, tear off pieces of chicken to shred them into thin pieces. Set this aside.
Assembling the sandwich:
8. Take a toasted bread slice, place it on a chopping board. Spread a layer of mayonnaise, followed by a layer of chicken salami and a layer of fried egg.
9. Place some shredded chicken pieces over the layer of egg and cover with another slice of toasted bread.
10. Spread a little more mayonnaise over this slice, topped with a layer of lettuce leaves, tomato slices and cucumber slices, finishing with another layer of the fried egg.
11. Close the sandwich with a third slice of toasted bread. Once, done, press the sandwich down gently with your hand.
12. Using a sharp knife cut the sandwich diagonally to cut it into two diagonal halves.
13. Repeat the same steps with the remaining three slices of toasted bread.
14. Serve right away with tomato ketchup and some potato fries, if desired.
For the Potato Fries
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil. As soon as the water starts boiling, turn off the heat.
2. Put the cut potato fingers into the hot water, cover with a lid and let sit for about 2 - 3 minutes.
3. After 3 minutes, drain the potato fingers well into a colander and set aside for about 5 minutes, to ensure all the water has been drained out from the potatoes.
4. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add the drained potato fingers and deep fry until crispy golden brown.
5. Once done, remove onto a paper towel and sprinkle some salt to taste. Mix well to get the salt evenly coated on all the potato fingers.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and enjoy!
Calories 536Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 566 mg23.58%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2144Calories from Fat 1264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.6%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2264 mg94.32%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 64 g128%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet