This week I made an awesome patty melt on the grill. This is an authentic sandwich found in just about every diner and restaurant. Give it a try and let me know!
|Ground beef 80% lean||2 Pound|
|Chilli powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon , ground|
|Onion||1 Large , sliced|
|Russian rye bread loaf||1/4 Small , sliced|
|Cheddar cheese slice||4|
|Melted butter||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, add ground beef, paprika, cayenne, chilli powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well using hands. Set aside.
2. In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onions and sauté them for a few minutes. Let them cook till caramelized. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
3. In cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoon oil. Make patties of the meat mixture and place it on the hot skillet. Cook on both sides till done.
4. On one slice of rye bread place 2 slices of cheddar cheese. Top it with caramelized onions and 2 meat patties. Place 2 more slices of cheddar cheese on the patties and cover with another slice of rye bread. Brush with melted butter.
5. Heat the iron skillet with butter. Place the sandwich unbuttered side down and cook till the cheese melts. Flip and continue to cook till done and light brown.
6. In a serving plate, serve the sandwich with chips and cucumber.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3661Calories from Fat 2413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 270 g415.4%
Saturated Fat 33 g165%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6466 mg269.42%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 22 g88%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 200 g400%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet