For more information please visit Czech Cooking Sandwiches: Czech Deli
|French baguet||1/2 , slice (8 slices)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian|
|Ham||1/4 Pound , slice (Honey ham)|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , slice|
|Gherkins/Pickle||1 , slice (8 slices)|
|Pickled sweet red pepper||1 , roast ((from jar))|
|Red potatoes||1 1/2 Pound (Italian|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon , dice (Italian|
|Capers||2 Teaspoon (Italian|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Italian|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Italian|
The Lucullus with Honey Ham
1. Slice French bread or baguette diagonally into oval slices that are 1/3-1/2
inch, and at least 1.5x1.5 inches across. If you are using a larger French
bread loaf cut each oval slice in half. Cut 8 slices.
2. Mash Italian-style potato salad with a fork so there are no large chunks of
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of mashed mustard potato salad on top of bread and
arrange onto a large serving platter.
4. Add 1 slice of ham loosely piled on one side of the bread.
5. Slice a hard boiled egg into 8 slices and arrange one slice per sandwich on
the top the ham.
6. Slice gherkins thin and fan them out on the top of the cheese.
7. Add 3 peas or capers to each slice.
8. Slice one roasted pickled sweet red pepper into small strips and place a
piece on the side.
Italian Style Potato Salad
1. Bring potatoes to a boil in a large saucepan of salted water. Cook at a low
boil over medium-low heat until just tender, 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. Dice onion and lightly chop capers.
3. Peel potatoes and slice into 1/3-inch-thick rounds.
4. Add potatoes to a large shallow bowl. Scatter onion and capers over top.
5. Drizzle with vinegar and gently toss.
6. Then drizzle with olive oil and toss again.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.