For more information please visit Czech Cooking Sandwiches: Czech Deli
|French baguet/French bread||1/2 , slice (1/2 loaf/ 8 slices)|
|Ham||1/4 Pound , slice (8 thin slices)|
|Edam cheese slice||8 , slice|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , sliced|
|Tomato||1 , slice (8 slices)|
1. Slice French bread or baguette diagonally into oval slices that are 1/3-1/2
inch, and at least 1.5x1.5 inches across. If you are using a larger French
bread loaf cut each oval slice in half. Cut 8 slices.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon butter or mayonnaise on top of bread and arrange onto
a large serving platter.
3. Make a cut from the center of a round slice of salami to the edge, roll the
salami slice into a cone shape and place on top of potato salad layer.
4. Top with one slice of cheese.
5. Add 1 slice of ham loosely piled on one side of the bread.
6. Slice a hard boiled egg into 8 slices and arrange one slice per sandwich on
the top the ham.
7. Slice tomato into 8 slices and arrange on top of ham.
8. Slice gherkins thin and fan them out or dill pickles lengthwise into a wedge and place them on the top of the cheese.
9. Cut parsley into small sprigs as a garnish.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2567Calories from Fat 1744
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g300%
Saturated Fat 61 g305%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4818 mg200.75%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 124 g248%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet