|Pumpernickel bread slice||2 Ounce (2, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers||1 1/2 Ounce , thinly sliced|
|Avocado||1 Ounce , pared and thinly sliced|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Arrange the cheese, tomato, avocado and sprouts onto 1 slice of the bread. Top with the remaining bread slice.
2) With non-stick cooking spray, spray a small non-stick skillet.
3) In the skillet, place the prepared sandwich, cover and cook over moderate-high heat till the bottom has browned lightly. This takes about 3 minutes.
4) Turn the sandwich over very carefully and cook the other side till it is light brown as well and the cheese has melted. This will take another 3 minutes.
5) Serve the sandwich hot, with a light salad on the side if preferred. Makes a good and nutritious snack that is also quick and easy to cook.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 275Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 549 mg22.88%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet