|Corn meal cake||6 (Flat)|
|Beef||1 Pound , ground|
|Onion||1 Small , chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned barbecue beans||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce , shredded (1 Package)|
1) Split open the cornmeal cakes and place on a cookie sheet, with the cut sides up.
2) In a large frying pan, shape the ground beef into a patty and cook for 5 minutes on each side, then break up and move aside.
3) In the same pan, saute the onion in the butter or margarine for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
4) Stir in the chili powder and salt, cook for 1 minute. Then stir in the beans and bring to a boil.
5) Place the corn cakes in a broiler and heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until just toasted.
6) Place 2 corn cake pieces on each of the 6 serving plates and spoon over the beef mixture.
7) Sprinkle half with the lettuce rest with the grated cheese, then serve immediately with corn chips, if desired.