A chatpata sandwich that is perfect for the desi palate! The best part about this sandwich is that is captures the best of both worlds tongue-tickling spices and gooey cheese too. This sandwich holds potato slices and cheese spiced up with chaat masala and green chutney. The aroma that wafts out of the sandwich griller when this Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich cooks just makes you drool, and the resulting amalgam of spices, potatoes and cheese housed within the crisp grilled sandwich is just mind-blowing!
|Potato slices||16 , boil (peeled)|
|Green chutney||8 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||To Taste|
|Butter||1 1/2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Place 4 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of the butter and 1 tsp of green chutney on each bread slice.
2. On each of the two bread slices, arrange 4 potato slices and sprinkle some chaat masala and salt evenly over it.
3. Place a cheese slice over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards.
4. Again spread a little butter on the sandwiches and press it lightly.
5. Place both the sandwiches in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller and grill it for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sandwiches turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 2 more sandwiches.
7. Cut each sandwich into 2 pieces diagonally using a sharp knife.
8. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.